The semester is winding down, yay! Though of course that means that final exams and papers are winding up – not so yay. I’m gonna be busy until mid-May, so I don’t think I’ll get the last of my Best of 2009 posts up until then.
But! Until then, here are a few musical notes…
Mark your calendars:
- KYLIE. APHRODITE. JULY 5. CAN’T WAIT!
- Richard Ashcroft returns with his new band United Nations of Sound on June 7, when their album Redemption drops. The righteous first single from the album, “Are You Ready?”, and its video were released in January 2010, and the tune’s been getting stuck in my head ever since. A good thing, of course! The fan club-only (unless you know where to look, nudge nudge wink wink) digital download, “Third Eye (Colombus Circle),” has yet to make a big impression on me. Perhaps it’s a good thing it’s not an album track, because while it has some cool melodic and lyrical ideas, it strikes me as a bit under-developed. A sketch of a song, if you will. In any case, I’m still mega-stoked to hear the new album – my second most-anticipated release of the year.
2010 albums I’ve loved lately:
- Seili by Jenni Vartiainen
- The Family Jewels by Marina & The Diamonds
- Harmony by Sa Dingding
- Lights by Ellie Goulding
- Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree by Diana Vickers
- Hande’ye Neler Oluyor? by Hande Yener
- Pacemaker by Madita
- Sana Değil Kardeşine by Mercan (thanks to the posts by PTA and Diva Incarnate!)
- H-Logic by Hyori Lee (lol, apparently it’s basically mostly plagiarized? idek.)
More on these gems later. :)
2010 songs I’ve been digging:
- “Bittersweet” by Sophie Ellis-Bextor – “Freak” by Estelle – “Live Your Dreams” by Antoine Clamaran feat. Soraya (also thanks to PTA!) – “Happiness” by Alexis Jordan – “One Touch” by Mini Viva – “Stop The Music” by The Pipettes – “Tighten Up” by The Black Keys – “Make My Heart” by Toni Braxton -“Your Love’s A Drug” by Leighton Meester – “Dirty Talk” by Wynter Gordon – “Momma’s Place” by Roisin Murphy -“Are You Ready?” by United Nations of Sound – “Acapella” by Kelis – “Enjoy The Day” by Katerine – “Ostani tazi nosht” by Gloria – “So Lonely” by Chris Sorbello (once again, thanks PTA!) – “Not Myself Tonight” by Christina Aguilera – “Massive Attack” by Nicki Minaj feat. Sean Garrett – “Clap Your Hands” by Sia – “Waves Of Change” by Samantha James – “Four Floors” by Sunday Girl (PTA!)- “Activate My Heart” by Natalia Kills – “Kick-Ass” by Mika – “Vertigo” by Giulietta Russo – “How Low (DJ Frank E Clean Short Mix)” by Ludacris
More on these later, too!
Hope everyone in the blogging ‘verse is doing well!